Sometimes, you may feel very low. Nomatter how strong you may be at heart, there are times when you simply can’t think straight. Simply can’t gather yourself back. You feel irritated and want to run away anywhere, anyhow. You simply don’t know the solution, so you try to find an escape route. So, that’s when you think of suicide. Yes, whatever be the reason for your depression, but escape is the only reason for suicide. No matter how much they sympathize with the deceased, I personally believe that it was sheer cowardice!
- It will get better: It is only after the darkest hour of the night, after which light dawns upon the earth. The light will dawn upon you too, but for that, you need to make it through the darkest hour! You have to be patient enough and at the same time, courageous enough to realize that even the darkest hour has just 60 minutes. If you really try, you’ll find there’s no need to cry. Maybe it is not the situation,rather your approach to handle the situation that is making things go round. All you need is to relax, hold on, and think with a rational mind and trust me, it will get better!
- You are not just an individual, but a universe: The moment you were born, you were given an identity. You are the son/daughter, brother/sister, husband/wife, father/mother, friend, girlfriend/boyfriend, etc of someone. You are not just one devastated person but you are an entire universe, your identity is relative. How can you destroy it all by yourself? Who gave you that right? Remember you are not killing yourself, but a son/daughter, brother/sister, husband/wife, friend, girlfriend/boyfriend of someone else. How selfish of you to think so impulsively and selfishly!
- There are people who are fighting for life: Yes, unlike you there are the others who may be battling against a disease, a war, etc. They love their lives and even think about what would happen to their loved ones after they have gone! They’re fighting against death with all their might, and yet, death stands ardently to welcome them in their arms. And you, you who have a long, otherwise fruitful life ahead of you wishes to die! Why don’t you do one thing? Kindly donate your life to other such people and then die. Will you be able to do so? Obviously not. But then, you don’t have a legitimate right to die then, because it would be unfair with those people.
- Would you want to die a coward? Yes, your inaction is nothing but cowardice. You are simply so comfortable with that shitty now-nothing-can-be-done excuse, that you see tying a knot round your neck as an easy option than toiling hard. You think you can’t give up drinking? Did you ever take a step forward in that direction? Met such people who had actually conquered their addiction (oh yeah, they do exist)? Approached any organizations that help you in doing so? Seeked the help of your family? Oh no, you just assumed that you can’t quit it and therefore you must die. How can you declare yourself a failure even without fighting the battle?
- You can do it; there are reasons to live: First of all, be it quitting a bad habit, focussing on studies, rising from a failure, getting over a death of a loved one or a toxic relationship, know that you can do it. And you have to do it. There’s simply no way you can’t. All you need is to believe that you can because when you have made up a suicidal mind, the first obvious reason would be that now nothing can be done. Remember, you are greater than any of your mistakes. You deserve all the love in the world. The best moments of life still await you eagerly. Will you abandon and upset them just like that? Will you deny yourself all the love, care and self love?