Tea is the second most consumed drink after water in the world. It relaxes and placates mood as none other drinks can! But do you know there are different tea types for different mood types? I say ‘mood-types’ because scientific research proves that there are essential oils, antioxidants and other minerals which help fluctuate the mood of a person. This fact needs mentioning of the discovery of tea by the Chinese emperor Shen Nung, who preferred drinking water that was boiled beforehand so that it remained clean. One fine day, on a distant trip the troop stopped for rest and a servant started boiling water for him to drink. But, accidentally, a dead tea leaf from a nearby bush fell into the water that turned it brownish. This went unnoticed and the water was presented before the emperor. The emperor found it very refreshing and thus tea came into being! Tea
- Chamomile Tea: It has a positive effect on stress and anxiety. The antioxidants present in this tea help relieve headache. Routine use helps lessen depression and stress. This makes it perfect tea for today’s lifestyle wherein people are surrounded by various issues that adversely affect their mental health. If you are in a fix and can’t think straight, this tea would be the best option for your mood!
- Lemongrass Tea: It is super-beneficial for health. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-cancerous and anti-depressant properties. It regulates cholesterol level as well as blood pressure levels. If you are under some stress, so it is better to take lemongrass tea than anti-depressants.
- Lavender Tea: It is known for its aroma, which once again placates your mood. If tired from work, you are not able to have ample amount of sleep, lavender tea is the best! It lowers the blood circulation and activates nervous system. That’s why you feel relaxed.
- Black Tea: If you are in a habit of drinking bed tea, black tea is the key. Thioflavin found in this tea is beneficial for kidneys, heart and lungs as it keeps them activated. It refreshes the mood. It has low level of bad cholesterol, because of which it lowers the risk of heart diseases. It strengthens the beats and makes them work properly.
- Peppermint Tea: This tea is best suited for emotional balance and mind relaxation. If you are sad due to some reason, this tea can make your mood lighter. Not only this, it is also beneficial for gastric and headache problems. It is also best suited for digestive problems.
- Tart Cherry Tea: If you are feeling perplexed, this tea is for you. It also relaxes mind, just like lavender tea. It is available in different flavors.
- Ginger Tea: Not only in winters, but also in summers, it is the best tea. It boosts your mood and your energy levels. To stay happy and positive, you can also prepare masala tea using cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, etc.
- Lemon Tea: It placates your anger and relaxes your mind. Its aroma soothes your mind.