I won’t begin this post by describing the metropolitan lifestyle. We all know about it. I would instead dote upon the various things we do to relax nowadays. They are based on my own observation.
- Listening to music: After one hell of a day at office, most people think that turning the earplugs on full volume can help them relax! Darling, you are not relaxing your mind, you are simply making it more restless. Certainly, music helps placating the mind, but it depends on how you are using it to calm yourself. A clean room with a relaxing aroma(according to your choice) and a slow melodious number on a stereo with just enough volume should be your choice
- Checking out whatsapp messages: If you are a student who has exams coming up, this is what you most commonly go for after studying for a few hours. This may not be the most wise decision on earth because at that time, there are other students who throw out a panic attack, who are behind your life for notes and expected questions, blah blah… Okay, accept this with hesitation, but how often is it that you tend to chat for 15 minutes, and suddenly, it is an hour!😂😂 A more fruitful break would be going out for a walk (bet that it bores you in 15 minutes), eating something healthy, watching some funny, stupid videos (until they don’t distract), etc.
- Going Dominos/Mc D on weekends: Seriously, I am not shitting you guys but have you ever done that for relaxing? Or atleast in the name of it? Okay, you put on your best clothes, show off what you are not, spend 1200 bucks on a stupid pizza which doesn’t even solve your appetite issues, click selfies, show off on social media, and call it relaxing on weekends? Hilarious! I suggest you join a swimming club or any activity that attracts you. And what if you really love a pizza? No issues, just go on for a home delivery and eat it from any angle without showing off.
- Throwing yourself on your beanbag and playing some stupid game- You start this thinking you will end the game in 15 minutes, and actually end up wasting hours on it! Better option would be playing some indoor/outdoor game, whichever you like.
- Consuming alcohol/Smoking/Chewing tobacco and related products- Ever tried calling a man “blind”, “deaf” or “dumb” on a road? No. Why? He’ll bang your head? So tell me how to categorize people who completely ignore the warning on tobacco packets? Those who know the pros and cons of alcohol, and still consume it to overcome some pressure? Dear, you are not consuming it… It is consuming you instead! It does soothe you for a while, but does it solve your problem? It is like you board on a flight for New York City from India and you’re thrown midway from the flight at UAE.Teens going crazy for a kick, or cannot refuse to it because it would sound un-cool… Don’t be that dumb. That stupid friend of yours doesn’t have to certify you as cool. The swag is when you can refuse straight away when others are obeying blindly and mindlessly. You have a lot of money? Go shopping and waste all of it and beg at the end of the month or waste it all on icecream or pizza,etc and become fat. But please do not get this false impression that alcohol or tobacco or those deadly rings of death from the cigarette would in any way relax you.Images from- Bing
Post scriptum: I am sorry if this came in as too edgy or sarcastic but I just couldn’t control my tongue on this matter. People have become worse than machines. The machines sleep while they don’t work, but we as humans go back to some other machines to further cut short our rest time and then feel agitated about that. We complain and criticize, but never contemplate! Never sit for a while with loved ones or elders, but prefer putting on headphones. Never prefer playing outdoor game but yes Pokemon Go which takes away lives seems as such a wise choice… Sorry again because I got sarcastic even here. I didn’t mean to scare the shit out of you bit simply remind you to retaliate.
Thanks for reading.