The following reasons are based on my personal experiences and some observations. Please, please and please try to control laughter because if your mom finds out what you’re reading, she would smash your head!
- She is your mom~ Familiar with those bollywood lines, “Rishtey mein to hum tumhare baap lagtey hain…😁”? (Going by the relation, I’m your father)… Well, the same goes for your mom too. She being your mother, knows you from even before you were born. She knows you skin in and skin out. She knows what is going on in your mind even if your face carries the opposite expression! So there is really no point in lying to her because 99% of the times, she knows that you are lying. (Till date, I haven’t come across the logic or reason that could explain the fact that moms come to know about the white lie. If you know, please do not hesitate to share.)
- She is accustomed to your behaviour~ Being your mother, she has spent more time with you than anyone else since childhood, so she knows about your definite patterns of behaviour. For example, when you return from school, and you are in a normal weary mood, you naturally throw your bag, socks and paraphernalia anywhere randomly. You don’t even notice that, but your mom does! So, if you are quite upset about anything, and you don’t want your mother to know that something has happened, you would naturally try to recall where you throw away your things everyday after returning from school. Your mother instantly gets a hint of something being wrong. Another example: you are going through teenage issues and you refuse to obey to anyone. You do as you like, much to everyone’s annoyance and worry. But suddenly, you realize that you want that cool tee or a new cellphone, but the moment you will express your desire, you’ll be reminded of your behaviour. So you suddenly start obeying everyone, you are available to anyone who needs help, even though it may be the most boring job in the world to begin with! This behavioral pattern may go unnoticed in the eyes of others, but it certainly doesn’t have to be your mother. She has the best sixth sense in the world.
- You are smart… She is smarter~ Okay, has this ever been the case with you? You wail and cry buckets for a particular thing you want in front of your father, and he lets you have it. You do the same in front of your mother, she will remind you that your maths homework is still incomplete!😂😁 In other words, this emotional blackmailing business doesn’t work on your mom… She knows how to handle all your tantrums and well, put you on the right track
- Where you are, she’s been there before~ This one I asked mom herself… She replied that once she had been a child too. So it was quite predictable for her. And I must say, she’s smarter than I thought her to be.
- Again, she is your mom~ On a serious note, you must not play games with her simply because she is your mom. You must share with her your problems, your worries, your happiness, just like you do with your friends. It is advisable that you do not fall into the trap of the dogma of the so called “generational gap”, but believe that any gap can be bridged. As your mother, she deserves all your friendship, love n care. ❤